Campers will have an action packed week learning the skills of competitive fencing while making new friends. It's fun, fast, and exciting!
- We play fencing games that incorporate learned fencing movements and other important skills.
- Students learn equipment care, fencing rules, and simple mental training techniques.
- Every afternoon includes a bouting session where campers fence each other while getting individual lessons from the instructors.
- On Friday campers will have a small tournament. Parents are encouraged to watch.
- July and August camps are for kids ages 8-16. Fencers of all levels of experience are welcome! June camp is for advanced fencers of all ages, including adults.
- Our Facility is Air-Conditioned!
Summer 2017 Camp Sessions
June 19-23, Mon-Fri Advanced Camp/Nationals Preparation by permission only
July 17-21, Mon-Fri Beginners and all levels welcome
August 7-11, Mon-Fri Beginners and all levels welcome
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fencing Safe?
Yes. Fencing is one of the safest Olympic sports. There are NO sharp weapons in the sport of fencing! Our equipment meets all US Fencing Association safety standards and is meticulously inspected for safety by our staff. ICFC instructors are CPR and First Aid certified.
Do I have to buy equipment?
No. The ICFC provides campers with everything needed to learn how to fence. We do sell equipment if you prefer to have your own.
What about food?
Campers must bring their own lunch. We highly recommend also bringing snacks for the morning and afternoon. This is an active camp, and our fencers get hungry!
What clothing should my child wear?
Campers must wear sneakers and long pants that do not restrict movement. Loose fitting t-shirts and athletic pants or comparable sportswear are preferable to jeans.
IMPORTANT: ABSOLUTELY NO shorts or open-toed shoes (sandals) allowed.
|8:00a||Early Drop Off **|
Regular Drop Off
Snack Time (Bring Your Own)
Basics with Equipment
|12:00p||Lunch (Bring Your Own)|
Equipment Repair Lessons
Fencing Rules Class
|4:00p||Regular Pick Up|
|5:00p||Late Pick Up **|
** Early Drop Off / Late Pick Up
Early Drop Off and Late Pick Up are available for $5/half hour daily, for up to an hour (early or late). Early drop offs and late pick ups MUST be prepaid and prescheduled.